Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Outdoorsy Collaged Cards

I was recently inspired to take up paper crafting again after buying some 'interesting bits' from notes on paper. The 'bits' included a variety of co-ordinating papers including handmade, sticky backed plastic and a variety of embellishments.  I already have a huge stash of paper and embellishments but 'needed' to buy these extra bits to get my creative juices flowing!
I pootled around with the papers until I came up with compositions that I liked.  I used hessian and chipboard from my own stash and mixed them up with the 'interesting bits'.
 I gave the papers torn edges and stuck them down lightly to give them some interest and movement.
I cut around the flowers on the sticky backed plastic sheets and hopefully found a way of using them creatively.    I had so much fun making these outdoorsy cards and who'd have thought the amount of fun a person can have with sticky backed plastic!

8 comments:

  1. Well Blue Peter always said it was fun to use sticky back plastic!!!! :)
    Your cards look gorgeous Simone, so many different textures, so pretty!
    I've been pootling with YOUR paper too Simone as I've been bringing out my rabbit gift tags to decorated my house for Easter. As I've said before I don't give them away they're too nice!
    Keep pootling, you're doing a great job. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear how much you've enjoyed making these lovely cards. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There now, doesn't that make you feel better? Those are lovely, but I am still uncertain about what sticky backed plastic is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini works of art,very pretty.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very pretty, Simone:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Simone. I'm happy to hear you've dived in o your kit and been creating already.

    Lovely cards - [I'm going to pop them on the Pinterest board I've created for customer's work]- and an ideal way to use the sticky backed plastic. You don't often see one as pretty as that - so I snapped it up when I spotted it in the shop.

    Thanks for sharing your work.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed it so much! Sometimes simply playing with supplies can get the creative juices flowing. And I totally agree that adding a few more things to your stash is necessary! (My husband would disagree, but what does he know?!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simone they are lovely!
    Just loving the gentle lilacs and greens, so springlike!

    Well done you!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete