Thursday, 19 April 2012

Making a Collage Card (Nature Themed)

I think that making collage cards are the most fun cards to make.  They will always be unique as different elements are used for each card.  In the photo above I have already selected the pieces I need to make my card and cut them to size.  The process of just choosing things to put together can be quite time consuming, and I pootle with paper until I come up with the right combination.  On the right hand side of the photo above I have already put together one section of the card.  For this I used part of a page of a reclaimed book and mounted it onto a good quality card stock.  I attached a button with embroidery thread and stamped a message straight onto the paper.  The other elements used are handmade paper, vellum, portions of reclaimed book pages, a couple of fabric flowers and a faux gem stone.

Voila!  This is what the card looks like when all the various items are combined.  It takes me a while to arrange the page until I am satisfied with how it looks.  I usually take a photo at this stage for reference so that when I stick it together I can remember what bit goes where!

7 comments:

  1. That's very pretty Simone! I love the nature theme, lots of green and I have a soft spot for hedgehogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Simone, that is so pretty, makes me appreciate the card you sent me even more now that I know how long it takes to chose, position and finalise the design. You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a great sense of color and composition, Simone! Very pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful card and I agree with you when you say collage cards are fun to make having made quite a few myself. I love the whole process of chosing the pictures and then combining them with ribbon, lace, buttons, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello simone,
    i'm sorry i had missed this new blog of yours before now. it's a wonderful site and very helpful to your new etsy customers :) i am not sure i could create a collage as lovely and neat(i'm always impressed with the neatness of your work)as yours. but at least i now have more of a clue on how to go about it. i think your ideas are very pretty.
    thank you very much for the link :)

    with special magical growing wishes for your cottage garden xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you make collage look easy but I know to my cost that it takes a very skilled eye to know where to position everything for the best effect. This is such a gorgeous example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I make cards and would love to make something like this but I find it hard to add lots of elements and mine always end up quite sparse!x

    ReplyDelete